Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Return to Cienfuegos

March 28 ... Going back to our home base (Nora’s). Taxi here at noon ($40), he brought an English speaking friend with him --cool! Abraham is Cuban but lived in Florida for 25 years, been back here (Hanabanilla) a few years.
We got to Nora's at 1pm but a family of 4 were just getting ready to leave. Had to wait until 2:30 for the room to be ready.
Spent the rest of our time there just resting and taking short walks each day. By then, it was too hot to do much else.
Since we’d seen/done all we had wanted to do the days became very long and boring. No TV (except movies on weekend nights), no radio = what to do?

I had my tablet loaded with books and games BUT when I wanted it, Brian had it! I had brought that for me plus 2 adult coloring books and a needlepoint project. Brian brought nothing for him to while away the hours. I told him, before we left, he needed to figure out what he could bring to entertain himself and I reminded him of last year when the same thing happened. He remembers being fine last year -- well, yeh, because he had my tablet all the time!!


So, now, I’ve bought me a new one and set aside the old one for him to use in Cuba. He says he’ll never use it. HA! I should make a bet on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment