Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Matanzas/Varadero Return

April 3 … We left Nora’s (with lots of hugs/kisses) 10:50am arrived Matanzas 1:30pm. Taxi = $60.
Arrived at Martha's hot and tired. We went to eat at Bukan’s at 5pm (Brian had no lunch), and rain poured down hard! Brian borrowed Martha's umbrella and we were soaked to our knees after a few steps. The wind blew the umbrella forward so our backs were soaked, too. We got to the porch underneath the restaurant, still pouring hard. We couldn't go up the narrow stairs together with the one umbrella. So, Brian went up to get a table, I'd come up when the rain stopped. Next thing I knew a waiter came down with our umbrella. An old man across the street came over, gave me his umbrella while staying on the porch out of the rain, the waiter and I went on up. I guess the waiter returned the man's umbrella. Talk about service above and beyond!

April 7 .... off to Varadero airport (taxi = $25) at 12:30N, arrived airport 12:50pm. Customs was easy for me, didn't go through any of my stuff and didn't take my lighter. However, they went thru ALL of Brian's stuff and took his lighter (“hidden” in the camera case)!

What a grand time we had, can’t wait for next year -- more adventures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment